Sharing the Peace Friday - The beauty of the words in song.



Each Friday, we “share the peace” with one another through the written word. Last week, our theme was poetry. This week I am borrowing from the Rev. Jarrett Kerbel, the Rector of St. Martin in the Fields in Philadelphia. He asked people to post a favorite verse of a  song. It is a beautiful idea. Share the peace by selecting your favorite verse from a religious, spiritual, gospel, or any song that speaks to your faith or has deep meaning to you. I picked two songs:

The King of Love my Shepherd is. I could not select only one verse as two verses always speak to my heart:

The King of love my Shepherd is,
Whose goodness faileth never;
I nothing lack if I am his
And he is mine for ever.

In death's dark vale I fear no ill
With thee, dear Lord, beside me;
Thy rod and staff my comfort still,
Thy cross before to guide me.

The second song that has special meaning is Tunnel by Third Day:

You got your disappointments and sorrows
You ought to share the weight of that load with me
Then you will find that the light of tomorrow
Well it brings new life for your eyes to see
So remember what I told you
There's so much your living for

There's a light at the end of this tunnel
There's a light at the end of this tunnel for you, for you

Now it is your turn to share the peace through a verse of a favorite song. Post on your Social Media site or share it with a friend.  God bless you and let us rejoice.  The peace of the Lord be with you always.

Photo Credit: ©GettyImages/DKosig