A joyous week

A joyous and hopeful entry into the Diocese. Once again, I want to thank each and every one of you for a blessed consecration; words are cheap substitutes for my gratitude.  I will attempt to show it each day.  Thank you.

We began this journey on  Monday sprinting and had not stopped.  Planning is underway for the pilgrimage where I will visit all our churches (separate from official visitations) with the intent of listening and serving.  The second initiative is reading the Bible every day as a diocesan community.  You will find out more about reading the Bible effort in the coming weeks.

We are reorganizing the date and time of staff meetings (Tuesday’s).  We will also have as a Morning Prayer on Monday and Friday and the Holy Eucharist on Tuesday through Thursday.  I am learning more and more about the dedication, hard work and faithfulness of the Diocesan staff.  This week when one of our parishes did not have air conditioners, Canon Deming and Mark Klinger went out purchased and delivered.  Little steps to build the Kingdom of God. You have a dedicated staff working for you, and we will serve you.

A few meetings were with Archdeacon Nesbitt determining how we continue to strengthen our Diaconate program.  I met with Fr. Winter, and we will involve our retired clergy and the widows/widowers in the activities of our diocese.   If someone is ill, alone, or needs a simple “we are with you.”  Please let me know and I will call or visit.

I met with candidates seeking to be the rector of one of our parishes, and yesterday had a late dinner with directors of our EFM (great program).   Today (Saturday) I am touring a church to understand the structural needs of many of our aging facilities.  However, we will be creative, prudent, intentional and hopeful as we move forward.  Tomorrow I will be with the community of St. Lukes and my good friend Fr. Roger.

Finally, we are going to strengthen communication on all levels.  Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and every conceivable option.  I have asked Linda Hollingsworth to keep scheduling every moment. Only sadness is that Jude and Suzanne returned to Albuquerque. I will be posting pictures of the pilgrimages, and I am so excited about this Diocese.  May you continue to be settled in God’s tender care.  Jesus is on the move in this Diocese of Love.  Come and See!

#diopacomeandsee
#diopalove